Friday, August 14, 2009

Emmaleigh Claire is here!!

Sorry that I haven't been updating the blog, but I've been too busy babymooning with my new daughter!!
Emmaleigh Claire arrived via c-section on August 7th at 9:55 am. She weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz and was 19 3/4" long.
She came out crying and sucking on her hands. Ok, maybe crying is too nice of a word. She was screaming her brains out for about 15 minutes. LOL
Since I had a c-section and don't do well during recovery, I couldn't sit up straight all the way, but the nurse in the recovery room was nice enough to come lay Emmaleigh on my chest, skin to skin. I was amazed to see that when she was placed on my chest between my breasts, that she maneuvered her way over to my left breast- all from smell- and attempted to latch on!! It's called a Breast Crawl. Once she was there, we latched her on and she suckled and was comforted for about 45 minutes. It was amazing!
Needless to say, my Em is a breastfeeding pro, right from the womb. I am blessed that we haven't had any issues thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment